Friday, April 2, 2010

Redeeming the Time

Several times this week random people have asked me, "So, what have you been up to?" And I think, nothing. But that is not true, and if it is I have a serious problem.

In Sunday School last week the lesson was on part of Ephesians 5. When we got to verse 16, where it says in the NKJV we are to be "redeeming the time" and in the NASB, "making the most of your time..." I was convicted. What do I do all day?

Now every time I get on Facebook or sit down to read something pointless or just do nothing, I think, am I redeeming the time? Listening to Mark Driscoll's sermon on this passage, I was convicted even more. He talked about how when we are at work be all at work, when it's time to rest really rest, when we're spending time with friends- spend time with them. I find myself multi-tasking all the time, never really accomplishing anything. I know this to be true, but am I living it?


No comments: