Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh blogging, where art thou?

I guess I've been gone awhile from the blogging world. No reason, just lack of inspiration I guess. Sometimes in life it's easy to get into a rut- to shut off the flow of creativity.

But here is my theory, with a little help from Hidden Art by Edith Schaeffer, wife of Francis,
missionaries to Switzerland, we were created by a Creator who had every intention for us to be creators ourselves, after all we are made in the image of the invisible God. And when I am lacking in my connectivity to God, that's when my well of creativity runs dry, or so I've noticed.
That being said, this is something I've always struggled with, why aren't we as Christians forerunners in all things creative- art, music, fashion, architecture? We have found ourselves lagging 10-20 years behind.

...I dont' know, just something I've been thinking about.

I went to Kansas City last weekend. Oh, how I love that place! because it's home. I got to see some old friends...


No comments: