Thursday, September 17, 2009

Autumn

I know I have said this before, and I'll say it again, I despise transitions and changes. Yet ironically, signified by the turning color of leaves, pumpkin flavored anything, and jeans and sweatshirt weather, fall is my favorite season. September has brought transition like all of the others, but this time it's not awkward or unwelcome change, like going away to college or saying goodbyes to the warmth of summer. This time it's good. In one week I managed to move (a few blocks away), coach a new basketball team, and start a job I never imagined I would do.

I am now the Ministry Coordinator for Camp of Champions USA, a local day camp in Central Illinois. While I LOVE kids, and enjoy seeing them grow and mature, I never really thought that I wanted to teach, forever anyway. Praying about my future this summer, I came to the realization that teaching would not be the best use of my administrative and artistic talents. Then one day the Lord dropped this opportunity in my lap, where I have the opportunity to use all of the gifts God has given me.

Sometimes life is just good because God is good. Transition is good because God is faithful to put us where He wants us.

I would love to update you even further; let me know if you would like me to mail you one of my prayer/support letters. Read here to find out more about life at COCUSA: kaylaatcocusa.blogspot.com

"You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forever." Psalm 16:11

3 comments:

Eric and Sarah said...

Hey Kayla, I would love to get your prayer letter. That is awesome that you are going to be working at the camp through the year.
Our address is:
9139 Historic Hwy 165
Hollister, MO 65672

Anonymous said...

i would love to get your prayer letter and update. my address is

500 S Walnut Apt 1
Inman, KS 67546

Erika said...

I totally agree with you in knowing how much our love for kids is... I don't always see myself teaching, but at this moment in time, I don't know where God is leading me. I was praying, I'd find that out more this summer. I really did enjoy my time this summer and the opportunities I had were greater than in a school setting.
This job sounds so ideal for you! I am so happy for you! I'll come visit you soon. I think I'm planning on being there on the 12th!