Friday, August 21, 2009

Clarity.

I believe it was Nelson Mandela, the former South African president, who once said, "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."

Every time I return to Kansas City I gain clarity. However, this time, I think the fog has lifted more than it ever has before. Not because of one pinpointed instance, but because of the immeasurable amount of good things (God things, really) I have in Eureka. In more ways than I would like to admit, the "Land flowing with milk and honey" has altered me. For the better. I have a good church, good friends, good community, and the list goes on. I have grown considerably. Not just in my relationship with Christ, but in all areas really. While my friends here haven't changed, I am less accepting of their lukewarmness. I am less tolerant of sin in my own life. I recognize that if I had been here last year, I would have gone with the flow, and these good things I do have would not exist.

I miss my family and I don't like being far away from them. But I see God's purpose and plan for me in Eureka, a little more clearly now.

No comments: