Sunday, July 20, 2014

Glimpses.


Over the past month or two or three I've started and re-started paragraphs, backspacing and pounding on the keyboard at least a dozen and half times, spinning my wheels, impatiently waiting for something brilliant - readable - to give birth in my mind. 

That's the reason why this little url has remained untouched for a while now. 

And so the best thing I know to do, is to keep writing no matter how horrible. 
Perseverance, I guess, is what that's called. 

The following will be fractured and fragmented. 
But in words, that's what life has been too. 

While none of these have seen of the light of the world wide web, they're a snapshot of what's been swirling around in my head.

Twenty-Eights. Summary: on turning twenty-eight. First and best line: "Deeply grateful for so many people in this angsty season of life who have come alongside me and loved me so well." Worst and last line: "I don't know what to write."

It's looking like Christmas. In which I write about wrestling with the Lord. Quoting my friend Clive Staple's famous line from the Chronicles of Narnia, "It's always winter, but never Christmas."

On blogging and being thankful. The title sums it up. But included is a rant on how blogs aren't the Bible. 

INSTA-EVNY. Knowing that having a theology of social media is important, I might come back to this at some point. "Jealousy of other's seemingly artful lives starts to fester in my heart and I hate it." 

Many of those posts exposed the bitter, bruised places in life, yet I know that anything I think I'm "suffering" or feeling bruised from the battle is really "light momentary affliction compared to an eternal weight of glory." (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

And like David, I want to choose to "look upon the good the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." (Psalm 27:13)

Because He is good to provide all that we need and jobs that we love. 



And give us the capacity to do artful things, reminding us we were made in His image, in the image of a creator. (Genesis 1:27 and Colossians 3:10)  



He's faithful to teach us. And bring us truly godly, lovers-of-the-Word women to train and make disciples of us. 



And allow us to have fun and laugh. And be apart of what God is doing in and through the Church out-the-wazoo. 



His Word reminds us that this world is temporary, but our lives hidden in Christ are eternal (Colossians 3:1-3). Eternal. eternal. eternal. FOREVER.
The world is fading fast. 

So go on living (and writing) in the land of the living. 

Hallelujah we have a Hope.

No comments: