Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jesus IS enough.

Questions have been lingering in my thoughts lately.

Some, pretty big questions.
You know, the life changing ones.
Am I where I should be? Should I be pursing an MBA?
Why do I do what I do?

All the while, He is All We Need has been playing over and over in my head. The soundtrack of my life lately. And I think it would be fairly safe to say that it was on repeat for 400 of the 800 miles I drove over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The thing is, I know that I know in my head that Jesus is all I need.
My heart wants to say something totally different.

Power.
Position.
Relationship status.
The affirmation of others.
Those are motivating factors for me.
They shouldn't be.
Because Jesus is enough.

It's not Jesus + what I bring to the table.
It's just Jesus.

Jesus. He is all I need.
He is my reconciliation. He is what it takes to restore a relationship with God. To become friends again.

"and through him (Jesus Christ) to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross." Colossians 1:20

"More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." Romans 5:11

Phil Wickham sings, "Because of your love my debt is paid/because of your love my sins are washed away...It's your victory/Jesus you are enough,"

Jesus is enough.
He is the satisfaction for my sin. The propitation.
He is the one who fill in the gap between my debt, being in the red and having a zero balance.
He is my Black Friday.
And that is MORE than enough for me.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Kayla- You have no idea the disappointment I am facing in life. Once again I did not pass my test. It's a frustrating process and I am losing passion and motivation quick.
Thanks for your post.

Kayla Michelle said...

Bummer, Erika!
What a hard place to be!
Let me know if I can do anything for you - I will pray!