Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TIME: I is for Inventory-ize (Part 1)

A word we throw around at the office is "inventory-ize."
It simply means to take an account of what's been used over the summer and what might need to be repaired, purchased, ect. over the "off season."

So, when it comes to time management, it's a good (and humbling) exercise for me to honestly look at my life and see where I'm spending my time.

Mark Driscoll calls it your plate.* Some people have dinner roll plates, some people have serving platers.


...mine's more like a lunch plate.

Last winter, this was my plate. I still think I lied to myself in some areas. I don't really get 7.5 hours of sleep a night. I should, but I don't.

You can try it out for yourself here:



This experiment was eye-opening for me. In fact, it's something that I need to go back to now that life looks a little different for me.

What does your current pie plate look like?


* Love Mark Driscoll's sermon on planning in Proverbs. It's one of those good re-listens at least once a year.

No comments: