Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday with Intention

First of all, I think the word "intention" is thrown around too casually, and ironically, unintentionally. But that's besides the point. It's the word that best describes this post.

...........................................................................................................

Somewhere along the road of my blog reading, I found Jess's little site. While she needs Jesus, and reads a little too much Joyce Meyer, I think she does a good job (better than most Christians) of articulating what it means to enjoy (minus Jesus) what's most important in life.

Her, while secular, strategies for savoring (intentionally) the best moments in life suite my blended type-A/abstract artsy personality. All that to say, Jess is all about setting "intentions" or goals.

So after eleven weeks of Camp. I am "intentionally" setting out to do a few things this Saturday with all the stress behind me.

1) Not do anything that's on my "get-caught-up-on-life" to-do list.

2) Run a mile. (Something I haven't done since the beginning of July.)

3) Go to the farmer's market.

4) Eat lunch with friends.

5) Make chocolate zucchini muffins, but only if I feel like it.


I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments: