Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What I'm Reading in 2012

I always post a book list, probably since this blog's existence. Usually it's a random list. But this year you will find that it's more intentionally laid out, because, we all I know I can't function without specific goals.

And in case you were wondering about last year's list, between the Is there a hell? theological debacle and my apathy, nothing remarkable can be said.

So, without further adieu, the 2012 reading list:

January- Bonhoeffer by Metaxas, Sense & Sensibility by Austen
February- Sound Mind Investing by Austin Pryor ; I have read bits and pieces, but need to go back and read it in its entirety.
March- Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer (a much need re-read) and Mansfield Park by Austen
April- Knowing God by JI Packer
May- The Problem with Pain by CS Lewis
June- Do Hard Things by Harris and Northanger Abbey by Austen
July- Catch-up month (after a month of Camp, I'm sure I'll fall behind)
August- Persuasion by Austen
September- American Lion by Meacham (started it in 2011- I basically need an encyclopedia to get through it, but I am bound to finish.)
October- Bible Doctrines by Driscoll
November- The Reason for God by Keller or The God Who is There by Carson; I haven't decided which one yet.
December- Farewell to Arms by Hemmingway

Through out the year: One Year to An Organized Life by Regina Leeds; once again, I've read bits and pieces, but need to go back and review.

What are you reading?
I am alway, ALWAYS, up for a good book discussion.

No comments: