Tuesday, December 6, 2011

From Me to You.

I had the intention, now that the 7th grade girls' basketball season has come to a close here in Central Illinois, that I would post my creative-outlet-full of projects for Christmas. But I just needed some down time. So I took a little hiatus.

The purpose of this blog has been, and will continue to be, to remind myself the ways in which God has told me to be still, to cease from striving. And for me, the ceasing to strive part is found in throwing myself full force into a creative work.

For example, while at home for Thanksgiving I was introduced to the song, Let Us Sing and Love and Wonder, penned by John Newton. This has become my theme for this Christmas season. I want to love. I want to sing. I want to wonder. This old hymn has caused me to be still and contemplate the birth of Christ and what that means to me.

So, I made a little art print to rest on our mantel to remind myself of this. And now it's my gift to you.


If you would like a higher quality jpg to print for yourself, feel free to email me and I will send you a copy. (It's designed to be placed in a 8x10 frame.)

Click HERE to hear a cool version of the John Newton classic.

1 comment:

Katie said...

this is so cute, Kayla! thanks for sharing :)