Friday, August 12, 2011

Learning How to Breathe Again.

Probably since my last blog post until just recently, I have been holding my breath under water. Because I am crazy like that. I hold it all in (and away from God) until I can’t take it any longer. Breathe any longer. Ridiculous, I know. 
We all have to come up for oxygen sometime. 
It was Saturday for me. 
Much has gone in my world from April until now. I cannot even begin to scratch the surface. And the past four months it was ME carry the weight of it. (And water can be heavy when your dragging buckets of it.) 
Skipping to another analogy: it’s like when your coaching basketball and you see your weary, discouraged team, where nothing positive is happening, and you go back to the fundamentals- the basics. 
I sat that Saturday on my couch all alone in my empty house, thinking to myself, why am I not WINNING?

I had lost sight of the goal- the gospel. I had lost sight of the fundamentals- the deep prayers and Bible reading and fellowship with God. But now I see.
Honestly, some things are still discouraging and draining, but I see, now that I’m above water, that He is able. He is able to do not just exceedingly, but also abundantly beyond all that I (we) ask or think. 
Just watch
“And He is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.”
Second Corinthians 9:8.



Feels so good to be writing again.
Just ignore the typo-s. 

No comments: