Saturday, March 26, 2011

Leaving Lent Behind...

I'm not leaving it behind. Completely.

Nope, still no Diet Coke drinking.
And now that I'm thinking about it, it's not really Lent related at all.
It's, Humility by CJ Mahaney related really.

Sort of.

Two years ago, I began praying that God would show me where He wanted me. And I did this crying out for guidance, mostly during morning commute time from Eureka to Peoria during the summer of 2009. From the time spent in quietness, stillness I received some BIG answers from God in some BIG ways. And I'll admit, not all of those prayers were answered the way I wanted. But they were answered, nonetheless.

And, so being reminded of CJ Mahaney's practicial suggestion to use commute time to pray and memorize Scripture, that's what I've decided to do.

Not because I have some major questions to be answered- even though I guess we all do. But because every moment in life matters. And since it matters, why spend that time- for me it's an hour a day- spacing out?

Like the previous post, it shouldn't be so much about the giving up, as the returning to Christ. In a sense, this is a returning to Christ.

So, I guess I could say, for Lent, and maybe the rest of life, I'm giving up noise on the morning drive to the office anyway. Enjoying the Silence.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I feel these same thoughts...Thanks for sharing.

Kayla Michelle said...

Aw...thanks Erika! I think you might be the only one who reads this blog.