Saturday, April 17, 2010

Craft Day!

Yesterday was craft day with Hannah and Angie, something we're going to try to do on a semi-regular basis. I've always thought of crafts being for middle-aged ladies, making rustic, wooden plaques that read, "Home Sweet Home," or something to that affect, thus not really being interested in them, insisting that I have "projects" instead. But lately, I have developed a slight fondness for crafts. A few months ago I found this confetti garland project on a link from One Pearl Button and decided to try it out myself.
We first cut circles out of various brightly colored sheets of felt, and randomly selected the order from a massive heap of them, sewing them together with invisible thread.

The end result, I would say, was pretty good. Now that I have this colorful garland, I'm not sure what I am going to do with it, but as soon as I do I'll let you know. Also, the day would not have been complete without deer kabobs, grilled by none other than Hannah.

To end the day, we all worked on random other projects; I made this bracelet out of magazine adds and a wooden angle. Before it's complete it still needs a coat of sealant, but I wore it to church to day anyway because it complimented my outfit.
All that being said, I think Craft Day was a success, and something to look forward to. Next project: sewing shirts....

1 comment:

sar.yoc said...

will you make me one of your bracelets? I love it!