Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankfulness.

These are some of the things I am thankful for, in no particular order...

1. Grace and redemption- LIFE in Christ.
2. The ability to read.
3. Books. Faves of the year: Crazy Love by Francis Chan and Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren Winner.
4. A really great roommate who prays with me and for me, and challenges me spiritually.
5. Carmel Apples (as pictured below) and the thought of a potentially great business venture. Dreams.


6. Family who loves God, who still provides for me. Sometimes I wish I were closer.
7. My Kindred Spirit, sister-friend. She gets me.


8. The tangible, living and active, Word of God. His truth in our hands, Colossians especially.
9. Coffee. I don't know what I'd do without it.
10. Liberty Bible Church- their support, love and encouragement. Being the body of Christ.
11. Similar to #10- AWANA. The 1st graders I work with are hilarious, and they have God's Word hidden in their HUGE hearts.
12. Art. Anything related. Painting. Drawing. Graphic design. Photography.
13. Tweed. I think it's classy and always in style for fall. Tweed pillows? Tweed Skirts? Who doesn't love tweed?
14. Music- it ministers to the soul. Tenth Avenue North: best band of 2009.
15. Camp of Champions USA. Their desire to share Christ with kids. The opportunity to serve their.
16. Answered prayers, whether it's yes or no or wait.
17. Digital cameras.
18. Friends who share the same worldview, who care and are compassionate toward others, who are faithfully seeking God's will for their lives. I take them for granted too often.


19. An incredibly warm, comfortable-in-temperature house.
20. Zach Grienke winning the 2009 AL Cy Young Award. Perhaps it will give the Royals some hope and dignity.
21. Pumpkin spice cake...and lattes.
22. Babysitting in the early morning.
23. The last one should seem significant; however, it's ordinary: pen and paper. My mind would go crazy if I didn't write my thoughts out.


II Corinthians 4:15. "For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God."

No comments: