Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bitter sweetness.

Today, well yesterday, I played my last basketball game of my life. Do I regret using up so much of my time to play something that's just a game? No, for the past 10+ years of my life I have learned a lot. I have learned through trials and heartaches. I have learned through joy and triumph. I have learned about selflessness and what it means to be the bigger person. One giant lesson on character has been handed to me. And, I have been apart of teams that were good and bad and ugly. I have been apart of teams that were beautifully unified. Nothing has topped this year. Sure my stats could have been better, but would I trade those stats in for the friendships that have fostered? Never. God has blessed beyond measure. Surely he has been faithful through my basketball playing life.

"Fear not, O land;
Be glad and rejoice,
For the Lord has done marvelous things!"
Joel 2:21



Yet, in the end, I will never be sad about not having to go to basketball practice.

No comments: