Friday, December 7, 2007

I think I have become casually addicted to this blogging thing.

Here I am at my computer once again. One would think that I get enough of this writing paper after paper. But apparently, I don't. Sitting, waiting, wanting people to hurry up. We live in such a fast paced culture. It's hard to wait sometimes. The Messiah awaits us. In more ways than one, really.

Chapel was really good today. I love the Old Testament prophets. I love the picture of Israel. So much of the time I look at their unfaithfulness and think, wow, can't they see what God has done for them. In the same breath, I ask God why he isn't doing what I want him to do, as if I am outside of time. I am just like Israel. Yet, my desire is to be more like Isaiah, who trusted God through the bad days. My bad days really aren't that bad. God continually is faithful to me and I fail to recognize this. I am blessed beyond measure.

"Sing to the Lord, for He has done excellent things." -Isaiah 11:5


Truly He has done excellent things for me despite my inadequacy.


Off to see the Messiah (not the literal one).

No comments: