Monday, January 21, 2013

Keep on Living.

There are times in our lives where we feel stuck. In a rut.
For whatever reason.
I'm sure all seasons and stages of life can feel that way.

But none of us have probably been as stuck as the Israelites during the Babylonian captivity.
Regardless, this is what the Lord told those exiles through the prophet Jeremiah:

"'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce. Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease...'" - Jeremiah 29:5-6

It's a little bit like God is saying, screaming, BUY THE COUCH! Keep on living! 

And a few verses later is the famous (but often used out of context) verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

I know what I have in store for you. Because I have put you where you are, where you're feeling stuck, for a reason. Trust Me. 

And we keep on living BECAUSE He knows the plans He has for us.

No comments: