Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Three Second Thought at Thirty-Thirty

Two weeks ago I spent some time in NYC.
I was flabbergasted at how Godless it was there.
Easter morning. No one would EVER know. Life was moving on at it's usual rapid pace.

Here I am, in the middle of Peoria, at a public place.

This is what I observe:
1- a youth pastor/mentor talking with other youth related workers.
2- I overhear a lady quote a Bible verse.
3- At a separate table a women is describing how she wants to make God her priority.
4- Several others have their Bibles, one has a book by Tim Keller.
5- I, myself, have my Bible and several other Christian resources strewn on my table, not sensing awkward glances, let alone feel any persecution.

You would not see this in New York.
Probably Ever.

What a utopic, little bubble I live in.

1 comment:

Erika said...

interesting how coffee shops here are topics about God. But yes NYC it's business related.