Sunday, December 20, 2009

Somethings Are Just Sweet.

It's about 11pm. Winter Camp begins tomorrow.
Really, I should be in bed, but moments like these are few and far between.
Sitting here, on the floor, typing away with a cup of 20 hr. old re-heated coffee by my side, I realize that God has done great things for me, and yet I barely glance. There is beauty found in the twinkle of Christmas lights, and a kitchen glowing softly by candlelight. Life is found in resting in who God is, who He came to be to the world, knowing that He chose to save me and the rest of the Gentiles. Basking in the peace and quiet, I see that this is what is sweet. Beauty. Writing. Coffee. Stillness. But, most of all Jesus.

.........................................................

Thoughts on writing:
We write the things we can't say. Maybe we (or at least I) should speak up. And often inspiration is birthed out of pain, sadness, deep despair and want; yet, sometimes inspiration is derived from all that is beautiful and good in a world full of sin.

.........................................................

"Be steadfast, immovable." 1 Corinthians 15:58

1 comment:

Erika said...

I too had reheated 20 hr. coffee.
Hope winter camp goes well for you.